Slider

Netflix | Top 10

1/24/2015


Hello lovely people! 

Today I thought I'd share my one true love with you all - Netflix. Yep, cliche I know but SO true! I have found so many great shows through Netflix, so here is where I share them with you in order of preference! It's also greatly influenced by the Google Chrome app that lets me unlock it so I can watch foreign Netflix (Netherlands for the win by the way!)



Number 10 | Twisted

ABC Family only made one season of 'Twisted' but I really enjoyed it when I found it on Netflix. Pretty basic teen mystery with a nice addition of underage drinking and murder. 


Number 9 | Law & Order SVU

I had watched odd episodes of SVU for ages before I found it on Netflix, but it's great to start it from the beginning and work through in the right order. They write amazing story lines continuously and it's a really nice bit of Sunday viewing.


Number 8 | Orange is the New Black

Orange is the New Black is one of the best shows I've seen and I love that it's a Netflix original. It's so creative and new, the characters are some of the best written in years and it combines everything I look for in a programme. It's genius. 


Number 7 | Life Unexpected

'Life Unexpected' was actually one of the first shows I ever watched on Netflix, I got the first season on the English one and then went looking for a way to watch season. Basically, this show was the gateway drug that led to my addiction. So worth it though. I have been a huge fan of Britt Robertson for years, I think she's incredibly unlucky and usually ends up in shows that get cancelled *cough* Secret Circle *cough* but this show is great and heartwarming and full of lovely story lines. 


Number 6 | Homeland 

I started watching 'Homeland' last year with my mum and we loved it, we're still going with it and although season two is currently on a Venezuelan tangent in Caracas I want to keep going with it, because so many people have said it goes back to being brilliant after season 2. Claire Danes is absolutely phenomenal in it and I'm just sorry it took me this long to find it! 


Number 5 | Wentworth Prison 

OH.MY.GOD the judgement I get for watching this. I don't care though, I love it. It's a remake of Prisoner Cell Block H that my mum used to watch and I absolutely love it, I tore through the first season in 2 days and am just waiting for season 2. The characters are so cool, and I love a trashy Aussie soap! 


Number 4 | Sherlock 

Despite living in the UK it took a stay with my friend in Vermont for me to actually start watching it. I love the dry British humour and the dynamic between Holmes and Watson. I'm not a huge Cumberbatch fan, but I have to admit he does this brilliantly! I watched every episode in three days, most of them on the plane back to England and I love that each episode is like a mini movie. Absolute gem of a find and I would rewatch over and over! 


Number 3 | The Originals 

I am a huge 'Vampire Diaries' fan so when I saw that Netflix had brought it's sister show on board I was very very happy. I actually think I might prefer The Originals to Vampire Diaries now. I think the cast is stronger and the story lines are fresher and more exciting. The back drop of the New Orleans French Quarter makes everything better and I can't wait for them to give me season 2!


Number 2 | Nikita 

I had actually watched 'Nikita' before I saw it on Netflix but they gave me the final two seasons when I couldn't find them anywhere else. 'Nikita' is without doubt the best action TV show I have EVER seen. Maggie Q is the single most amazing person on the planet and after many conversations with a friend of mine, she is who I would like to be in life. She was trained by Jackie Chan after high school and does all of her own stunts in the show (which there are MANY of, by the way!) I only know 1 other person who has ever watched it, the rest of the world are missing out let me tell you! Go! Do it now! 


Number 1 | The Fosters 

First off, let me just straighten one thing out. 'The Fosters' is my favourite TV show of all time, ever, ever, ever. It took me all of thirty seconds after Netflix adding it to their library for me to start watching it and I LOVE IT. It has the most amazing story lines, it is so progressive and beautiful. The cast is amazing and it takes the most unconventional family and turns them into something everyone can relate to. My sister and I watch it religiously every week and YAY they just got renewed for Season 3 - if you haven't watched it then I don't know what you're waiting for! Go do it! 



Comment below with your favourite Netflix shows or recommendations for me! 











4 comments:

  1. Law & Order is so good! Love it!

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OITNB and homeland. Will have to check out some of your other recommendations too. We are currently stuck into heroes and loving it!

    Rosie x
    everythingsrosieblog.com
    Rosieandgym.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk