Slider

Introducing 'Come on, Let's Go'

2/01/2015


Hello! 

Sometimes I'll find or happen upon a project and instantly I'm interested and want to know more, this happened a few days ago with 'Come on, Let's Go' which is a new web series co written and created by A.M Hill and Adrienne Marie from California. 'Come on, Let's Go' is a new LGBT drama, they're in the process of casting at the moment and are hoping to shoot their trailer very soon...I wanted to get to know them and their project a bit better so I contacted them with some questions to help me and you guys understand what 'Come on, Let's Go' is all about and where they see it heading in the future! 


Q. How long have you been working on this project? 

A.M. Hill - We began working on this project in November of 2014.

Q. Have you worked together on a project before? How did you meet?

Adrienne Marie - We haven't worked together before this. Although, we do have another project in the works that is actually slated to come out before Come On, Let's Go. I'll let A.M. answer the second question. I love the story of how we met.

A.M. Hill - We actually met a little over two years ago at a convention for 'Faberr'y, which is a portmanteau of Rachel Berry and Quinn Fabray from Glee. And our first conversation was about how I loathe bananas and avocados, but we both shared a love for bacon. It was friendship at first sight.

Q. What was it that made you decide to write an LGBT drama? 

Adrienne Marie - Because I don't feel like there's enough good LGBT content that doesn't just focus on the fact that they're LGBT. There needs to be more stories that focus on other interesting aspects of LGBT people other than who they're sleeping with.

A.M. Hill - I've always wanted to write for LGBT. I agree with what Adrienne said and I also feel like we need more representation in the film/television/web world. I want to write stories and make films that show that there is more to LGBT community than girl meets girl, girl loses girl. And also, I just really love angst. 

Adrienne Marie - We both love angst. Who doesn't?

Q. How have you found the response to the project so far? 

Adrienne Marie - The response that we've gotten so far has been really positive. Although we're not very well known yet, the feedback that we've gotten so far has been really good. People have been excited to see it come to life.

Q. As writers and creators where are you at in your career and where do you see yourself going with your work? 

A.M. Hill - I've been writing for a few years, but I think that I'm currently only at the starting point. I see myself working with more film and television, hopefully. I love to create characters and well-rounded stories that people can connect with and also, I love to create stories that people can really feel and be inspired from. One's that people can watch and say, "I've been there."

Adrienne Marie - It's weird because I never really saw myself being a writer or creator, but I just fell into the role. Now that I have, I really do want to continue writing even though my main focus is acting. I see myself continuing to work with A.M. Hill because I feel like we have really good creative and professional chemistry and that we could bring a lot of really interesting content to the world. 

Q. What would you say is your biggest achievement in your career so far? 

Adrienne Marie - Honestly, because Come On, Let's Go means so much to me, it feels like my biggest achievement. But I'm also a part of an independent film, Probable Robot that I'm really excited for and really happy to be working on. Shout-out to Karyn Ben Singer and @probablerobot on twitter.

A.M. Hill - My biggest achievement so far, aside from Come On, Let's Go, has been finishing my first novel. It took me two years, but I've finally completed it and I'm both elated to be finished and a little sad that it's over. 

Q. What advice would you give to aspiring screenwriters or newcomers who are hoping to work in this industry? 

A.M. Hill - You know, I started out just reading books and learning that way. My advice would be, first and foremost, to never give up. I believe that everyone has a story to tell and if you can make it happen, do it. Also, that you first draft will always be shit. lol. Revisions are you friend. And don't be afraid of the word "no." People will tell you no over and over again, but you have to keep pushing. If you believe in your story and your talent, then keep pushing and never give up.

Q. Where did you get your inspiration for your main characters? 

Adrienne Marie - One night, I was attempting to sleep. It was about 3 in the morning and I kept trying to sleep, but this idea just popped into my head and wouldn't leave me alone. I just had to get the idea out so I wrote everything down. At this point, it was all about Callie, our main character. I emailed A.M. Hill just like, "Hey, what do you think about this idea? Would you work with me on it?" and from there, the rest of the main characters just came from hours long video chats trying to create people that would become important to Callie.

A.M. Hill - The idea of Kip, our male lead, came from the idea of the first character Callie comes in contact with being the complete opposite of her. Adrienne and I sat up for hours on countless night honing their personalities and every single aspect of their lives. We even discussed things like what happened at Kip's third birthday party to make him the person he becomes in the series. 

Adrienne Marie & A.M. Hill -  As for Olivia, well, we always ship blonde's and brunette's and we wanted someone who was opposite of both Callie and Kip, but in a more positive way. We wanted someone to be able to hold her own against both of them. She was important of course, but she became something that we weren't expecting. She grew into this full-blown character right before our eyes and she's easily become one of our favorites.

Q. How is the casting process going? Have you found what you're looking for? 

A.M. Hill -  The casting process is going good. It's been a long journey, tons of audition videos and we've found quite a few people that fit the bill. We have our callbacks on Feb 7th and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the people we've chosen have to offer in person.

Adrienne Marie - I cast myself as the lead, so that part was easy, but other than that, the casting process has been so exciting. We've seen so much talent already and I can't wait for callbacks where we'll really get to see who's gonna work for these characters we've created. There have been some casting difficulties, but we're working through them. Also, I think I'm going to be really picky when it comes to Olivia as I already have been while we were going through video auditions.

Q. When are you expecting to start shooting? 

Adrienne Marie - We plan to start shooting a trailer in March and we want to get that out to people so that they have something to look forward to and also incentive to contribute to our IndieGoGo campaign once we get that running. As far as the actual series, we're looking at starting it by the end of May or beginning of June. And getting it out by September at the latest.

Q. What can viewers expect from the characters and story lines in COLG? 

A.M. Hill - You can definitely expect drama. But you can also expect to laugh a lot. We tried to give a healthy dose of both angst and comedy so that it's balanced and not overly dramatic or overly comedic. You can probably also expect to fall in love with certain characters at moments, and dislike them at others. But you get to see how each of the characters affect one another and how they make them better. 

Adrienne Marie - You can expect a lot of criminal activity. Our main characters really don't like to abide by the law. You can also expect, as the story progresses, to really learn who these characters are and to see a lot of how they relate to each other.  There will be romance. There will be drama. There will be thievery. Really, there's everything you want in a story. Oh, and a lot of driving.

Q. Who would you say is your biggest inspiration? 

A.M. Hill - Shonda Rhimes.

Adrienne Marie - It's so true, she is evil and brilliant, exactly like Shonda Rhimes. As for me, my acting inspiration is Meryl Streep. I want to have a career like hers. And my writing inspiration is Joss Whedon.

Q. Just as last little bit of fun - tell us something fun or interesting about you! 

Adrienne Marie - I play ukulele and I'm also learning parkour. If you'd like to see me play, you can check out my Youtube Channel!


A.M. Hill - I love to sing. It's a passion of mine. I have an unhealthy obsession with hot chocolate and I never wear matching socks.










  Adrienne Marie, co-writer and creator   of 'Come On, Let's Go' 

 Adrienne can be found on Twitter at @AdrienneMarie90 and her Youtube      channel is listed a bit further down! Adrienne Marie is an actor, playing    Cassie in 'Probable Robot' and is passionate about the UK and list making!  Make sure to check her out on Twitter for more information on upcoming  projects and more news on 'Come On, Let's Go' 






A.M Hill, co-writer and creator of     'Come On, Let's Go' 

A.M Hill can be found on Twitter at @AMHillWrites where she is keeping things updated on 'Come On, Let's Go'. A.M loves to sing and is a staff writer for PopWrapped





Make sure to follow both these lovely ladies as well as the official 'Come On, Let's Go' Twitter account for more information on everthing COLG related! 


If you enjoyed this post then let me know in the comments below or by sharing the link to the post to your friends to spread the love and buzz for 'Come On, Let's Go'





2 comments:

  1. Very interesting interview! Want to know about this project more. Great work Sophie! :)

    minty-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viktorija - they're really nice people and the project is really exciting! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk