Slider

Don't Quit Your Daydream

1/12/2015

Hello lovelies, once again a week has gone by without another blog. I think have blog block .. I don't know what to write about so I decided that this was a good place to start. Currently I am in the middle of a massive job hunt, I have just started a new job and it's the worst so I am looking elsewhere for something new.



It's no secret that writing is what I want to do, but unfortunately it's very hard to make money from it even if you do get published. I think it's incredibly important to keep positive and keep going. There's no point in giving up on your dream because your day job is a nightmare ... otherwise everything is going to be twice as bad. 

Whatever your dream is, make it a part of your life. I write everyday, without fail - whether it's a paragraph or a whole chapter I make sure that I put pen to paper (or fingers to keys) every single day so that I keep it a huge part of my life. I research and plan, I spend more time writing and planning projects than I do anything else and I've probably got my nightmare day job to partly thank for that - I am always so desperate to think of anything but what I do for a living that I want to absorb myself in what I love most. 

That is not to say that I will be sticking with my current job - I absolutely will not, but I think that on the road to making your dreams come true there are so many obstacles and battling a crappy office job is usually one of them. Someone once told me that being a writer was too hard and that I should pick something else, for a while I thought about it, but it's very clear to me that even if I never get to be writer for a living I will still do it everyday. It's a part of me, and it isn't going anywhere. 

Your day job shouldn't be what defines you, your dream job should. 

Comment below and let me know what dream job your working towards. 

Thanks for listening, I'll get back to posting consistently soon I promise! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk