Slider

Most Loved in January | 2015

1/31/2015


Hi all!

I love a good 'Monthly Favourites' post - I read a lot of them on various blogs and always watch Youtube videos of them too. I think it's a really nice way to find some new beauty or fashion bits and it's also a nice reflective way to look back on the past month and what I've been loving most! I have split it into categories and I really hope you enjoy looking through them!




---------------------.. CLOTHES .. -------------------



Vienna Warsaw Jumper ~ H&M

I LOVE this jumper, I got it as a Christmas present from my sister and I haven't stopped wearing it since (evidence of this all over my Instagram!) It's so cosy and warm and I love the colour - I don't have a lot of pastel shades in my wardrobe so this was a nice change for me. They had the same oversize style in a bright orange 'Berlin Stockholm' design but it was all gone when I got to the shop! Absolutely love it! Wish I had it in lots of colours so I never had to wear anything else!



Hooded Check Wool Cape ~ Zara

This beauty has already been featured once - on my A/W Wish List post back in November! I also got this for Christmas and it absolutely did not disappoint! It's so warm with thick emerald fur in the hood and a nice length. I have had so many compliments out and about wearing this and I think I've worn it every day since Christmas - nothing else compares!



---------------------- .. BEAUTY .. ---------------------



Sleek Eyeshadow Palette in 'Vintage Romance' 

This was another Christmas gift, I usually have real trouble finding eyeshadow palettes that don't contain a bunch of shades I'm never going to use - this is that palette for me. It's got so many nice muted dusty shimmer shades and I've had a lot of fun experimenting with all the different swatches. My definite favourites are Pretty in Paris, Court in Cannes and Marry in Monte Carlo but they're all beautiful and great for different events or looks. 


Colours from top left - bottom right:
~ Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague, A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London ~



MaxFactor Lipstick in 685 ~ Mulberry

I might even go as far as to say this is my favourite lipstick shade of ALL TIME. Big statement, I know. I always considered myself a 'Red Lip Only' girl, but this Mulberry Max Factor changed everything! I'm usually not a big fan of pearly lipsticks but this just has it all going on in all the right places. It matches with loads of different makeup styles and can easily be day to night without looking too dressy for work or casual outings. It has a nice moisturising effect which is a bonus in these horrible winter months!





------------------------.. TV .. ------------------------



Re-runs of Gossip Girl

I am a big Gossip Girl fan, it goes up there in my Top 10 Teenage Series FOR SURE. I haven't watched them in a while though and since I saw online somewhere that January featured 'Gossip Girl Day' (Jan 29th FYI) I decided I really wanted to watch them again. I've had a lot of fun having old episodes on in the background while I did chores or planned my blog posts and it was like revisiting a really sophisticated, upperclass friend! Blair Waldorf will forever be my hero and I'm seriously considering this 'What Would Blair Waldorf Do?' mug ... Too far? Never!


Series 1 - 3 of Cougar Town

Cougar Town was what I happened upon when I got a free trial of 'Amazon Instant Video' just before Christmas, I had no idea what to watch from there and since I always enjoyed watching Courtney Cox in 'Friends' I decided to give it a go. I was so pleasantly surprised by it, it's really funny! It has a lot of good storylines and laughs and the characters are all so bizarre and wonderful. Plus, they drink LOADS of wine and are able to laugh at themselves a lot which is great!

 -----------------------.. FOOD.. -----------------------



Tunnocks Tea Cake and Tea 

The picture pretty much sums it all up for me, I adore Tunnocks Tea Cakes and they don't taste any better than when accompanied by a particularly good cuppa! Mmmmm yum ... 
P.S this one didn't survive long after the photo! 




Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it and please comment below with what you've been loving this month, I would love to know! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk