Slider

Halloweek | Day Six | Pumpkin Carving Fun

10/30/2015


I decided it was probably time to do a Halloweek post that didn't involve cupcakes or icing - I love carving pumpkins so me and my sister decided to have a Halloweve pumpkin carving and watching Hocus Pocus.



There was a Great Pumpkin Shortage in Brighton the day before Halloween so my sister ended up going to a greengrocers to get these - they were a lot more expensive (booooo!) but totally worth it in the end! 

It was a really hard decision picking what to do my pumpkin back, I couldn't make my mind up but finally after some pretty good suggestions and a lot of Googling I settled on the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I've seen other people do it in the past and it looked manageable with not too many fiddly bits. My sister went for Stitch from Lilo and Stitch so we were pretty disney-fied all around! I just drew straight onto the pumpkin with a Sharpie, but you can download templates from Google and draw around them if you want something a bit more intricate.

Up next was the de-gutting of the pumpkin before I could start carving - every year I forget how bad pumpkins smell, but they really do stink!

It took about an hour and fifteen minutes to do all the carving and the mouth was particularly tricky with all the individual teeth, but after a while it's kind of therapeutic if you can ignore the pumpkin guts all around you ..

So this was the finished Cheshire Cat pumpkin and I've got to say I'm pretty proud of it! I think it looks really cool with the candle inside - I recommend scented to hide the gross pumpkin-y smell.

These are both of our Disney pumpkins side by side and I think we did a damn good job! I never could have done all the fiddly bits on Stitch and I think he looks so so CUTE!

Thank you for sticking around for all of my Halloweek posts - I can't wait to do it all over again in 2016! I hope you've all had the best Halloweek's ever and you finish it off in style with some seriously cool fancy dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk