Slider

October Love

10/16/2015


October is my ultimate favourite month and since I've been pretty absent from the blog for a while I thought I'd come back with a post on why that is! Plus, it's my blog's first birthday this month so I want to up the creativity again!



There are a few things that, in my opinion, make October the best month and I've listed a few here, but I also want to hear about yours too! So let me know what your favourite thing about October is in the comments below.

| The Start of Autumn |


I love everything about Autumn - the crunchy leaves, the cold sunny mornings, the hot drinks and warm clothes, all the holidays that go with the coming of Autumn. I've loved getting my snuggly jumpers out of hibernation in the past couple of weeks and I've already got my eye on a few more for the colder months coming up! 

| Seasonal Lush Goodies |


It is no secret that I, along with the rest of the blogging world, am obsessed with Lush - my blog basically started out as an excuse to buy Lush products to blog about and thank GOD for that! I especially love the Halloween and Christmas seasonal treats that come in around October time. I have already been in there and scouted it all out - so far on my list is Sparkly Pumpkin (obvs), Nightwing, Stardust and The Magic of Christmas (pictured above) and I plan to add all of these to my collection by month's end! 

| Sweater Weather |


As I mentioned above, I love jumpers. I wish I could say that I saved them just for when it was cold, but that's just not true. Luckily, in Autumn it's expected and necessary to wear warm cuddly clothes and I excel at this! Seriously. I have an extensive collection that seems to grow steadily by the month week and having months and months stretching on ahead of me where I can wear layer upon layer is really pretty exciting! 

| Halloween |


I think Halloween might be my favourite holiday .. I think, maybe Christmas, maybe it's a draw. I love Halloween and this year I am particularly excited! I have a whole week of Halloween posts being prepared AS WE SPEAK including spooky recipes, makeup tutorials and pumpkin carving fun and I'm super excited for that! I also have plans for actual Halloween day and night involving a huge amount of decorating and spookiness in general and I think it's going to be great. Now, I hate horror and am a huge wimp so there won't be any horror movies in my Halloween fun, but I'll definitely be finding time to watch 'Hocus Pocus' .. probably more than once! 

| My Birthday |


I'm not someone who obsesses about their birthday and makes it last a week or anything, truthfully I actually prefer celebrating other peoples and getting to buy cute presents and make fun cake ... but there is something quite nice about one day where you can eat cake for breakfast and not feel guilty! 

So, those are my favourite things about October! So far it's going pretty good, I've had at least three seasonal Starbucks drinks (not PSL though) and I've stomped on a fair few crunchy leaves! 

I'm promising myself that I'm going to find my blogging rhythm again, but I promise Halloween week is going to be mega - a post a day and all themed around your favourite spooktacular holiday! See ya then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk