Slider

Braid Up!

2/09/2015


I have always been so envious of people who can do cool braids in their hair, so I decided that this year I would start experimenting more and learning more styles. This has been the weekend of the braid!



This is a dutch braid and my absolute favourite! I like it on one side like this, I think it looks less schoolgirly and I like that strands of pink start coming through at the top. It's so easy to do after a couple of practises and I know it'll be something I wear a lot now that I've got it down. 

I was looking up tutorials on Youtube and I ended up finding that the most helpful one was by SincerelyGracie - she made it really simple and I picked it up after just watching it a couple of times. 


 I did give the double braid a go - it looks cute and would be super practical for work or if the weather is crappy but I definitely think the side dutch braid is my favourite. I think this style would look a lot better if it was pulled apart a bit more - a messy style always makes things look cooler with this kind of hair and I pulled apart the single braid ALOT to get it to look like that. 

I have been trying out loads more that I found on Barefoot Blonde's Youtube Channel - she has some seriously cool tutorials on things like Dutch Fishtail Braids and a Double Dutch which is my next one to tackle. I really love playing around with my hair and finding new styles that work with it. 

I find second day hair is easier to work on with a little bit of Co Lab Dry Shampoo in the roots - this also adds a nice amount of texture and volume to it too which you wouldn't necessarily get with freshly washed hair. 

If you have any cool hair tutorials please let me know about them because I love finding new things to try. You can comment below or find me on Twitter






4 comments:

  1. I like your new hair color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have styled your hair beautifully, will have to try this myself for work tomorrow :)
    Rebecca // rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it it's so easy :) thank you! X

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk