Slider

Weekly Favourites | #1

11/04/2014


Hello ! 

So, I have now been posting for a whole week! I know it probably doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but I'm so pleased with the blogs progress. I was trying to think of something I could do every week, Wednesday is going to be 'Lush of the Week' but I wanted something for Tuesday too as that was the day I started blogging! So I've decided to do a Weekly Favourites every week on the blog and then at the end of the month I will round it all up in a video on my Youtube Channel! Let me know if you think this sounds like something you'd be interested in reading! 

Okay, so here goes ... 



Candy Cane Lane Yankee Candle. 
This is without a doubt my absolute favourite smell of the last week! I had it recommended to me by a friend and it's the most amazing Yankee Candle i've had! It's so fresh and sweet and just smells entirely of Christmas, perfect for Autumn and i am loving it at the moment! I love the Christmas smells from Yankee but some can be a bit overpowering when burned for too long so this one is a lovely inbetween. 


"1989" by Taylor Swift 
There isn't usually a time when I only listen to one album on repeat .. the last one was probably Bastille when my best friend and I became obsessed with them for months .. even travelling to Amsterdam to see them live! This album however, '1989' is just a treasure! She took everything that was good from 'Red' and instead of trying to duplicate it, she built on it and it really paid off. There isn't a single song I haven't had on repeat! Definitely will be top of my November playlist! 


Barry M Gelly in 'Dragon' and Kiko in 'Sparkle Touch' 
I know it's Autumn and everyone has been talking about all the autumnal colours that we should be wearing and usually I am a big fan of the deep plums and bright reds for the colder months but I don't know, this week I felt like something brighter and summery so I went for a bright Barry M pink with a Kiko glitter top coat and after 5 days I am still loving it. I usually get bored with nail varnish colours but this one is sticking around. It's nice to have a bit of warmth, even if it's just on my nails!


Bag - River Island
I got this bag for my birthday and it is just so gorgeous I can't tell you, this picture does not do it justice at all. It's a beautiful baby blue and black and usually it isn't a colour combination I would go for - originally I thought the burgundy and black was the one I prefered but I was definitely mistaken - this is so chic and unusual and I have had compliments from people stopping me in the street every time I've worn it so far. It's really nice because I'm not a big fan of wearing handbags on your arm because I like to have my hands free so I like that this has a shoulder strap too so I can decide how I want to wear it depending on the outfit or occasion. Definite Autumn favourite! 


Lipstick Print Shirt - ASOS
I got this shirt from ASOS and I had been eying it for ages, I think it's so different from the usual patterns around and it definitely didn't disappoint when it arrived. It is slightly longer at the back than at the front so I suggest wearing it with heels if you're on the shorter side because otherwise it can make your legs look even shorted but it's such a lovely slippy material and so comfy! Really nice paired with black jeans and boots or a black leather look skort. 


Caffe Nero 
Now, I'm not really much of a coffee shopper but I love Caffe Nero! Above is my new go to A/W order - White Chocolate Mocha with cream and red velvet cake. It's so lovely and perfect for a warm treat when it's cold and blustery outside! Definitely recommend you try these if you get the chance! 

This concludes my first ever weekly favourites, let me know what you think and tell me in the comments what one of your favourite products/clothing items/makeup/coffee shop of the week is! 

2 comments:

  1. 1989 is soooo good! It's all I've been listening to. And that shirt is really cute. Great post!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh my god that album is just my fave right now! x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk