Slider

Desk Tour |

11/09/2014


So I've seen some desk tours on other blogs and I love reading them and seeing how other people set out their desks and what they have on them so I decided I'd do my own. My desk area is on of my favourite places to be, it's where I can write in peace and do whatever I like and it's like my own little corner of the world. 





I love stationary and notebooks and pens, definitely something I picked up from my mum so I've collected a few bits over the years. My pencil sharpener pencil pot is so clunky and big and looks really cute next to my elephant tape dispenser from Tiger. The notebook is something my best friend got for me and it's got 'Sophie's Book of Amazing Notes' written on the bottom and a bunch of photos of us and inspirational quotes and messages. I love it. I use it for screenplay ideas and notes and it's always in my bag (except when it's on my desk .. like right now)


I don't know if any of you have ever seen these designer coke bottles around, but I have five now and am going to try and collect them each year. I got my first one, Karl Lagerfeld, at the Britains Next Top Model live shows about three years ago and have been picking the other ones up along the way since then. They're really cool and look really great on the little shelf of my desk. I really love elephants and that little pink one is actually a candle from Hungary but it's too cute to light so I leave it as decoration. 


I LOVE television shows, I probably watch more TV than I do movies and I have quite a collection now .. from left to right is 90210, Alcatraz, Call The Midwife, Desperate Housewives, Flashforward, Girls, Glee, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii Five-O, Lost, Modern Family, Pretty Little Liars, Smash, Elementary, Sopranos and then a bunch of movies. I love having them all on the top shelf of my desk. The little figures are actually Morph and Chas bookends but my collection got too big and they took up too much space so I use them as decoration now. 


I think I might have mentioned somewhere in a previous post about my love of writing. I am writing a pilot TV series at the moment, working with a production company and have written a couple of books as well. This little square space on my desk is where I keep all my screenwriting books and I have the screenplays of Buffy The Vampire Slayer series 1 too which are just like a screenwriters bible. Joss Whedon is such a genius I only have to read a few pages to see where I've gone wrong with my writing. It's nice to have them on hand just to the side of my computer when I need them. 


My iMac is the best investment I ever made and definitely the best thing I ever bought. I've had it for almost 6 years now and it's still as strong and fast as the day I bought it. The only thing that would change my mind now is not being able to write or edit on the go, but that was my error not the computers. It is phenomenal and looks so pretty on my lovely white desk. My desk is actually from Ikea and you can't see very well but behind my computer screen is a little magnetic bit that I stick things on. I also have a stainless steel lamp that I mostly use to light my photographs with, it's a really glowy light that's not too bright and in your face. 


So, I hope you liked the little look at my desk. Let me know below what you can't live without on your desk :) 




8 comments:

  1. You're desk area is very cute :) I love stationary as well haha! And Desperate Housewives is everything to me!!

    xx

    http://nidadoesbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy to Desperate Housewives I love watching it in Winter :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the coke bottles! My mom collects those too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coke bottles are amazingly adorable! When i saw that you had PPL listed , I was so happy. I love that show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I LOVE that show too, currently watching season 5 - england is waaaay behind the times! x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk is so organized! I love the designer coke bottles.

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk