Slider

A Little Makeover

6/02/2015


So here she is, the new blog, the new and improved and slightly cleaner looking version!

Yay I've had a redesign!

So I really liked my last layout, it was by Pipdig and it was cute and dotty and pretty. When I first started my blog I thought I would be going in more of a beauty and fashion direction (just because that was what was popular and I thought I should follow the trend) but since I've been blogging more regularly I feel like I've found what I really like to write about. I want to keep my blog angled towards lifestyle posts, things centred around Brighton and occasionally media and travel related. I like it more, it feels like I have more to say about those things and it's nice not to be stuck with what to say.

I've been feeling for a while like maybe I should redesign the look of my blog, I wanted to showcase the photos in my posts more and I felt like a cleaner, more minimal design would do a better job of that than the one I had before.

I found while searching that so many templates are pink, like so many. I didn't want pink, I didn't want typical 'beauty blog' font - I wanted some cute but black and white and then I came across ThisGirlDesign on Etsy and she blew me away - every single one of her templates is stunning and I just couldn't choose.

Suzana at ThisGirlDesign was an absolute star, she worked so so quickly (especially considering the huge time difference between Canada and the UK) and everything was set up perfectly! If I ever decide to change my template in the future I will absolutely be going back to her!

So please, feel free to take a look around and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Etsy is an amazing place to find blog templates! I was saving for a £25 one from Pigdig but ended up getting mine for just £2.50 on etsy - it's the best place to look! Love your new layout! + you write about what YOU want to write about, never follow a trend if you don't enjoy it as much about writing about other things xx
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I absolutely love it! And thanks love :) xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk