Slider

Fishy Fishy Brasserie | Brighton

6/07/2015


There aren't many restaurants in Brighton that I go to purely for special occasions, but Fishy Fishy is one of them. Yesterday we went for a special birthday meal for my mum and I thought I'd do a little review for you guys ..


With a lovely outside seating area which is absolutely perfect when it's sunny and a gorgeous glass covered foyer with even more seats, it's the ideal spot for a summer lunch.


As you walk into the glass covered front of house you're greeted by smiling, happy staff rushing to and fro with plates of completely delicious looking food. We had a great table in the window of the first floor and it gets so much sunlight and fresh air it's almost like being outside.


For starters the six of us shared two plates of calamari and the most amazing fish tacos i've ever eaten. The calamari comes hot and battered in a thin melty breadcrumb ready to be dipped in paprika mayonnaise which is something I'd never had before but really enjoyed and the fish tacos have just enough spice to still be able to taste the fish and are filled with lettuce and a gorgeous avocado salsa dip.


These pictures are making me hungry all ever again, seriously. (Except the mackerel, but there's really no attractive way to photograph a dead fish with it's head still on) 

All of us ordered something different which was great and there was a complete mix, everything from Sri Lankan fish curry, crab linguine, battered fish with chips and mushy peas and finally the fish burger (with extra halloumi because, cheese) 


Everything came looking beautiful, the presentation is really clean and cool and everyone enjoyed what they ate. The portion size is immense too, almost everyone had food left on their plates at the end! I had the fish burger and I'm a bit of a wimp with spice so I'll admit it was a bit much for me, I think the explanation in the menu might need a little bit of looking at, but if you like something with a bit of a kick then it'd be perfect because the flavours are great and really strong! The crab linguine is bursting with tomatoes and basil and herbs and spelt absolutely gorgeous, I think when I go again that's what I'll be ordering and the battered fish was so crisp.


We finished this meal with my favourite desert in the entire world - creme brulee - I really don't believe anything can beat it, ever. I love breaking through the hard sugary top into the soft vanilla below and this one definitely didn't disappoint. It came with a freshly baked shortbread biscuit which just added to all the yum.





























I really think Fishy Fishy is a great place to go for a special occasion or for a treat if you're willing to splash out. The prices are quite steep, but the food is great and the portions are huge. I recommend all of the above and know that you won't be disappointed with the food, the service or the friendly staff you'll be greeted by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk