Slider

Life Lately

8/13/2015



I feel like it's been a god damn age since I wrote anything on here, I feel like that because it has been a god damn age! So in the spirit of making sure my blog doesnt commit suicide or go into a deep deep depression I thought it was time to get back to it!



I didn't have a post planned because I actually only have about 3 spare minutes a day to think and those had to be used on what can of soup to open tonight so I decided to rely on a trusty catch-up post in the hope it'll get me back into the swing of things!

I've been so busy lately, I'm effectively working 5 different jobs which is a lot of work - luckily three of the five jobs I absolutely love which makes it a lot easier but it's just a time sucker.

I started interning for Glitter Magazine which is an American teen magazine - I'm interning via email and online which is actually really interesting and completely works for me because I can fit it in around my paid job so it's a win-win and I'm loving it so much! At first I wasn't sure I'd be able to fit my writing to the style and theme of the magazine but I've learnt so much from Nikki and the other girls on the team just through seeing what it is they post and the feedback they give. An internship is something I never thought I'd be able to do because I am never going to be in a position where I can support myself and work for free so this is more than I ever dreamed I'd be doing and I'm so grateful!

I've been doing 3D arty things outside of my paid job too and that's great, being at a point in my life where I'm doing writing and creative arts work is incredible and six months ago was something that felt so terrifyingly out of reach.

I've been working with and meeting some amazing people too, that's been a big plus and really if I look back on the last 3 or 4 months of this year it's the happiest I've been in a really long time and it's just a nice feeling to see things starting to get on track. I am a firm believer that it's the people in your life that make it worth living.

On the Brighton front we had Pride which involved glitter, rainbow eyeshadow and ALOT of body painting but it was such a good day and I just love the whole mood at Pride - everyone is so up for fun and ready to be covered in glitter ... and all manner of other things too actually!

I also discovered a really cute little tea place called 'Talk of Tea' on Spring Street, ohh myy goddd it's to die for! Afternoon tea for 2 is £20 but it is SO worth it! I took my godmother there for a birthday treat and I was so impressed, it's a build your own tea so you choose your sandwich filling which can be cold or toasted, your cake and the tea you want from a list of over 60 varieties! Amazing, I'm so pleased that I found it!

Anyway, everytime I get to this point in my blog where I've slipped off the radar and stopped planning posts I come back with a new resolve and that has sort of happened again .. I need to make time to write for myself as well as for everything else I'm doing so I want to aim to blog at least twice a week. For now I feel like that's doable!

Thanks for sticking with me ... I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk