Slider

Introducing Corrina Taylor

3/26/2015

Photo by James Miller

You know what's nice? Seeing someone you know do really well at what they're good at! Corrina Taylor is a Brighton based singer/songwriter who I met in my last job. The best thing I ever saw her do was dress up as a desiccated zombie and walk around scaring students so we could take photos for Halloween. I wanted to introduce Corrina and her music to you guys so you can follow her on her very exciting journey! 


Corrina has been singing and writing songs for many years, her music videos are always so fun and creative but ultimately her songs are brilliantly written and really mean something to her. Her last single 'Always Coming Back' is featured below so you can get a feel for what she is about. Her songs are lighthearted and playful but always with a lot of underlying meaning and emotion. 




I was lucky enough to hear a pre-release of Corrina's new single 'Master of My Monster' and I was blown away by how good it was, I listened to it at least five times before I did anything else and the first thing I thought was 'summer soundtrack'. It's a song that would make you remember what you were doing and thinking and feeling when you last heard it and to me that is really special. 

Cover art for 'Master of my Monster' photo by James Miller, cover art by George Hadfield

'Master of my Monster' is set to be released on 1st May 2015 but will be played on 3rd April on 'BBC South Introducing' as Track of the Day. The song was written and recorded by Corrina, but was produced by Data Child who is US based. The two have never actually met in person but have worked together on previous songs such as 'Always Coming Back'. Everything for this single was done over Skype - Corrina's housemate Ben helped her record the lyrics at home in Brighton and then sent them to Data Child who produced the record - this really goes to show how much social media and things like Skype and FaceTime make a difference and really broaden opportunities in the creative industry. 


Corrina at her Ted Talk in Hull 
Corrina did a Ted Talk a few weeks ago where she spoke about overcoming anxiety and other obstacles. When I asked her about 'Master of my Monster' she said that the single was almost a follow on from her Ted Talk, that it explores overcoming obstacles in the mind and being stronger. She is a self proclaimed 'happy and positive person' but this song stems from struggles she went through when she was younger. 

BTS with photographer James Miller for the cover of 'Master of my Monster'
You can find Corrina on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube - make sure you stop by and say hello - she'll make you feel welcome! She's really active on social media and is a lot of fun on Facebook too. Remember to listen out for the new single on 1st May and if you live in the south tune into BBC South Introducing on 3rd April to hear 'Master of my Monster' for the first time! You won't be disappointed, I promised! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk