Slider

Festival Fashion Essentials!

5/17/2015

image from Google. Edited on Picmonkey
Don't panic guys, DON'T PANIC, but Festival Season is ALMOST here! I'm clearly not panicking at all that all of the clothes I'm wearing are still thick and made of wool and clearly NOT for summer! To help myself (and you guys) I have put together a list of Festival Fashion Essentials - things I'll be buying for the up and coming music festival events and things that I wish I was buying, but probably won't because, money.


Personally I'd happily dress like I was going to a music festival every day of the year - Coachella Style FOREVER, but it's a lot more fun in the summer months when it's expected and therefore completely acceptable to wear a huge daisy crown and wild crazy patterned flares!

Rokoko Skinny Flares from ASOS
I was really not convinced by the fabric flare trended when it reared it's head earlier this year, but Rokoko have totally and utterly changed my mind. Every single pattern that they do these in is stunning, they have ones with big sunflowers on, mandala prints and my personal favourite - stars and moons. I think paired with a plain white crop and a simple kimono it would look effortlessly cool. 
Deck Wellies from Seasalt 
If you don't like in the UK I don't know if you'll have the wellie trend that we have for festivals. Because of England's notorious rainy behaviour wellies have become a festival staple for getting stuck in squelchy mud and dancing in the rain. These mustard short wellies from Seasalt have been on my list for a while, I tried them on when I was in Cornwall last summer and I think this year they just have to be mine! 

Boho Swing Dress from ASOS
Swing Dresses are my absolute fave, I have a few from the winter months and I think this one with it's huge bright flowers is just perfect for the summer and the festival season.


Staring at Stars Sweatshirt from Urban Outfitters
I saw this sweatshirt in the shop and fell in love with it, it's got such cool detailing around the cuffs and up the arms and it's cropped, but not too cropped which is my favourite cut of jumper. It'd be perfect paired with denim shorts. 

Vintage Print Kimono from River Island on ASOS
Kimono's of any kind in any season for any event are my absolute favourite item of clothing, but this one is just stunning and I love kimonos in the summer just to throw on over the top of a cute top and a pair of shorts or a skirt. 


These are just highlighting two of my favourite style details of this summer - bell sleeves on EVERYTHING and the 'cold shoulder' effect, which I think looks so cool and bohemian. I love both of these and they can be found here and here

I hope you enjoyed seeing my festival fashion essentials - share yours in the comments below! 

Happy festival-ing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All original website content is property of heyitssophie.co.uk